The February 2021 meeting saw us welcome a couple new members, Kitty Crawford and Aimee Hobson, and we had some guests for our program. This month’s program was a presentation by member, Caroline. Caroline was an original member of the Portland Modern Quilt Guild and a founding member of the Corvallis Modern Quilt Guild. Caroline presented on her journey through quilting, foundation paper piecing, and her walking foot quilting.
- We’re still looking for the scrap bag with the bow on it. If you have it, please contact Pattie.
- The Queen of the UFO challenge pot is at $80. If members would like to join you can find the form and Lorna’s address in the members only section of the website.
- Ann is collecting rulers and notions for the lending library. There will be a deposit for your first ruler checked out and the ruler selection will be added to the website.
Charity Quilt update from Sheila:
- Guild member, Tracy, has offered to longarm our quilts for our ABC House quilt drive. Quilting is at no charge and her contact information is in the members only section.
- Group charity sew day, using donated Elizabeth Hartman fabrics, will take place during our June Sew Day on Saturday, June 26th.
March Swap is a postcard. Deadline to sign up on Elfster is February 28th. Names will be drawn on March 1st.
Cindy Grisdela’s lecture, Playing with Color will be Thursday, March 4th at 6:30pm. This is a week prior to our regular meeting. This lecture is a benefit of membership and the Zoom link will be sent out to current members the week of the lecture. No guest passes will be available.
Cindy Grisdela will also be offering a workshop on Saturday, March 13th from 10am – 1pm. The workshop is Mini Puzzle Blocks. Cost is $55 for CMQG members and $70 for non-members. Registration is open now.
For the March meeting we will share ONE tip you learned from a class or lecture you’ve recently attended.
The monthly door prize of a trio of scissors, marking pencils, and an 8 piece fat quarter bundle went to Sharyn.
This month’s Sew Day is Saturday, February 27th from noon to 4pm.
Our next meeting is Thursday, March 11th at 7pm.