Exhibit at the Benton County Museum in Philomath
When? The exhibit will run from July 29th to September 9th. There will be a reception for the show on July 28 from 5 pm to 7:30 pm. Mark your calendars! The reception will be a wonderful occasion for CMQG to share our work with friends, family, and community members.
Who can submit quilts for the exhibit? Members of the CMQG
What quilts can CMQG members submit for the exhibit? Please submit quilts in both of these two categories:
1. Your best work. Quilts and fiber arts of many sizes are needed. There is wall space for large quilts and small quilts and exhibit cases for small fiber art (such as pillows, bags, coasters, pin cushions, etc.). CMQG members can submit more than one quilt/piece.
2. A challenge quilt. The exhibit will include a collection of challenge quilts made to the following specifications: 12” square (finished size) and monochromatic (can include many shades or tints of a single hue).
How do members submit quilts for the exhibit?
1. Fill out a submission form for each quilt submitted to the exhibit.
2. Submit your quilt to Janet Kok in one of the following ways:
· Bring it to the July meeting of the CMQG (July 13). This meeting will include a show-and-tell of the challenge quilts for the exhibit.
· Take it to Pattie Dix’s house or Sheila Lyon’s house by July 21.
· Stay tuned for announcements of a drop off time at Starbucks (2408 NW 9th Street in Corvallis) in late July.
How will quilts be selected for inclusion in the exhibit? The curator for the Benton County Museum will select quilts for the exhibit. A priority will be to include at least one quilt from every member who submits work to the exhibit.
How will CMQG members get their quilts back? Quilts can be picked up after September 11. Stay tuned for further information on the specific time and place to pick up your quilt(s).
Other info: The exhibit will include a raffle quilt, with sales benefiting the museum. The CMQG community quilt submitted to QuiltCon in 2023 will be the raffle quilt.